INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS
I take LOTRONEX or alosetron hydrochloride tablets, what
do I need to know about the LOTRONEX REMS Program?
Review the LOTRONEX REMS Program Patient Education Sheet
with your Health Care Provider.
Important safety Information about LOTRONEX/alosetron hydrochloride:
Serious bowel (intestine) side effects can happen suddenly including
- Serious complications of constipation
- Ischemic colitis (reduced blood flow to the bowel)
These complications may lead to hospital stay, and in rare cases blood transfusions,
surgery, or death.
Stop taking LOTRONEX/alosetron hydrochloride and call your doctor right away if you
- Constipated while taking LOTRONEX/alosetron hydrochloride
- New or worse pain in your stomach area (abdomen)
- Blood in your bowel movements
Do not start taking LOTRONEX/alosetron hydrochloride again until your doctor tells
you to do so.